Typed Version (there's a more exciting drawn version if you scroll!):
Director / Art Director / Concept Artist / Illustrator
August 2015 - Present
Blue Zoo Productions - Director & Concept Artist
Started as a Concept Artist in 2015 and progressed to Art Director in 2017, becoming one of the Dire ctors in the commercials department in 2018 after the success of my short film "Via". Working on Commercials, TV Shows, Short Films and Pitches. I also do storyboarding, texturing, compositing, and some small amounts of2D animation. I directed my short film Via here from Spring 2016 - End 2017, with it premiering online in January 2018.
Clients: Cartoon Network, Doddle, Disney, BBC, Cbeebies, Nickelodeon, Lego, Dynamo (Magician), Cineworld, Clarks, Tiny Pop.
November 2018 - Present
Bright Agency - Author & Illustrator
Represented by Bright Agency for all things illustration, with my own author-illustrated book in the works.
July 2015 - August 2015
Boomf Marshmallows - Featured Illustrator & Design Intern
I won a competition to become a new featured illustrator at Boomf. Part of my prize was an internship with them. Chosen as the winner by James Middleton (co-founder and brother-in-law to our future king ahahaha), Nick Jenkins (moonpig/Dragon's Den) and Veronica Dearly (illustrator).
June 2013 - August 2013
Fresh Air Sculpture Show - Assistant Curator
I helped run the show with Curator Ana Bianchi. My roles included: setting up artwork, meeting and greeting artists and public, keeping the accounts, running the children's shop, running the social media accounts and writing a blog about the artwork on display.
BA (Hons) Computer Visualisation and Animation - First Class
A* - Fine Art, A* - Textiles Art, A - Maths, A - Further Maths
- 1 of Animation Magazine's Rising Stars of Animation 2018 for my work as a Director on "Via"
- Art of Mallow / Boomf Featured Illustrator Competition
- Beakus New-D Finalist - New Animation Director challenge to make a short 10-second 2D Animation
- Co-Creation Award - Awarded by Bournemouth University for my motiongraphic/animation work for a Professor's documentary on schizophrenia.
- Best Final Year Film awarded by Blue Zoo Productions - for directing and creating my final film at Bournemouth University
- Macmillan Cancer Support - Won a competition to create a new charity campaign and attended a day with their creatives in London to develop my idea and others. Inspired the "Shave and Style" campaign.
- NSPCC / Sugar Magazine / Saatchi&Saatchi - Won a competition to create an anti-bullying video for the NPSCC with my motiongraphic entry. Won a days work experience at Saatchi& Saatchi.
- Longlisted for BAFTA British Short Animation 2019
- Winner "Best Animated Short" - London Independent Film Festival 2018
- Winner "Best Animation" - Firenze Film Festival 2018
- Winner "Best Animation" - Euro Shorts 2018
- Winner "Best Concept Art" - One-Reeler Short Film Competition 2018
- Winner "Video Short Film" - Creative Awards at Connections West Coast 2019
- Finalist - Capital Filmmakers Festival Madrid 2018
- Honorable Mention "3D Animation" - Florida Animation Festival 2018
- Official Selection 2018 - Encounters
- Official Selection 2018 - Edinburgh Film Festival
- Official Selection 2018 - Aesthetica Short Film Festival
- Official Selection 2018 - Norwich Film Festival
- Official Selection 2018 - East End Film Festival
- Official Selection 2018 - Seoul International Animation Festival
- Official Selection 2018 - Cardiff Animation Festival
- Official Selection 2018 - Leeds International Film Festival
- Official Selection 2018 - Toronto Shorts International Film Festival
- Official Selection 2018 - Conscious Cartoons
- Official Selection 2018 - Byron Bay International Film Festival
- Official Selection 2018 - Spark Animation
- Official Selection 2018 - Manchester Animation Festival
- Official Selection 2018 - London International Animation Festival
- Official Selection 2019 - British Shorts Berlin, Lichtspielklub Short Film Festival
Basic 2D Animation (Photoshop/AE)
Murals & Site-Specific Artwork
In the past have used (and wouldn't be afraid to get back up to scratch with): Maya, Mari, UV Layout
Hi! I'm Izzy. I'm an Director and Artist living in London who has a passion for telling stories through art, animation, film and writing. I'm a fast learner who is always striving to push myself further. I'm an Earl Grey tea with lemon type of girl who likes to get lost in old book shops and doesn't seem to ever stop being creative - it's fun! Aha.